Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Orly It's Not Rocket Science

I'm sorry I've been MIA for a bit--I forgot how much going back to school changes my entire life.  I started this blog at the start of the summer as a way to pass the time and share my finds, but now I have no time to pass!  Anyway, I finally made it to Ulta this week to check out the new polish collections.  Though I'd been waiting forever to see the Orly Cosmic FX collection in person, the $10 price tag still upset me.  I picked up this one, It's Not Rocket Science, as I was feeling the swamp thing vibe it was giving off.

Bottom line: I love this color.  I've seen that there are two dupes (a SpaRitual and one of the new China Glaze halloween colors) but I have neither of those and so I don't care!  This is one of those pretty ugly colors that you either love or hate.  I love.  This is two coats of INRS and one of seche vite--it was more opaque than I had thought it would be; I was anticipating three coats.  INRS is a darkened olive shimmer with a hint of gold--at some angles there is even a bit of a teal tint.  It's definitely a cool color--not for the weak!

Here you can see a bit of teal at the corners!



And here it looks a bit more brownish.

Well, hope those sold you on it!  I am going to try to get on more of a regular blogging schedule.  Teaching just wears me out!  What color did I wear for the first week of school you ask?  Chanel Paradoxal--it was the perfect nod to the end of summer and looks oh so professional with the right outfit. Hope all is well in your part of the world--thanks for reading!

1 comment:

ShortAndSweetNails said...

Ah back to school :( Sucks!!!
Good choice on the first day mani...I've still yet to use my Paradoxal.

I love this green...I'm a sucker for greens.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License